- 8 red potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen green beans (or fresh) can is good to
- 1 large onion, cut into about eight wedges
- 2 cups ham, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 -2 can vegetable broth or 1 -2 can chicken broth
- salt and pepper
1I cook this in a crockpot all day, but may be cooked in a dutch oven on the stove, also.
2Add all the ingredients and cover, cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
3If cooking on the stove you may need more broth, but the crockpot makes broth as it cooks, so you shouldn’t need any more.
4Use your own judgement on the amount of broth.
5Serve with fresh, sliced tomatoes and corn bread for a great Southern meal.